How To Find Us
- From Frankfurt: Driving on highway A 3 to junction Würzburg West, take highway A 81, then use exit Tauberbischofsheim (exit 3) and follow Bad Mergentheim signs staying on road B 290.
- From Würzburg or Nürnberg: Driving on highway A 3 use exit Würzburg-Heidingsfeld (exit 70), then follow Bad Mergentheim signs staying on road B 19.
- From Ulm: Driving on highway A 7 to junction Feuchtwangen/Crailsheim, take highway A 6, then use exit Crailsheim (exit 46) and follow Bad Mergentheim signs staying on road B 290. Or; Driving on highway A 7 use exit Rothenburg o.d.Tauber (exit 108), along "Romantic Road" to Bad Mergentheim.
- From Stuttgart: Driving on highway A 81 use exit Boxberg (exit 4), then follow Bad Mergentheim signs staying on road B 292.
- From Heilbronn: Driving on highway A 6 to junction Weinsberg, take highway A 81 in the direction of Würzburg, then take exit Boxberg (exit 4) and follow Bad Mergentheim signs staying on road B 292.
Download Bad Mergentheim map
Parking spaces near Duale Hochschule (castle) are limited. Students can take advantage of reduced parking fees in the public parking lot beside the castle (25,65 EUR per month). In addition, you can use different public parking lots in town from where it is only a walk of five to ten minutes to the Duale Hochschule.
From the Bad Mergentheim train station you have a five-minute walking distance to the Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University.
The train ride from Würzburg to Bad Mergentheim takes about 50 minutes (there are direct trains from Würzburg; sometimes you also have to change trains in Lauda). From Stuttgart it takes about 2 hours, from Heidelberg about 2,5 hours. For your train schedule please check here: www.bahn.de
Tickets can be purchased at the "DB Reisezentrum" (train ticket office). Alternatively you can use the ticket machines at the station. As a third possibility you can book your train ticket online in advance, which might give you a discount on the normal ticket price. Check here: www.bahn.de
If you arrive by plane, you can either continue your trip to Bad Mergentheim by train, by shuttle bus, or by rental car.
- From Frankfurt Airport The train ride from Frankfurt Airport to Bad Mergentheim takes a bit over two hours. Trains leave frequently. You will have to change trains at Würzburg and sometimes again at Lauda. At Frankfurt Airport follow the signs of "Frankfurt Flughafen Fernbahnhof" (Long Distance Station); there is a second station called "Frankfurt Flughafen Regionalbahnhof" which is a regional station with trains to downtown Frankfurt. Tickets can be purchased at the “DB Reisezentrum” or at the machine. It should cost approximately 35 - 40 EUR. Luggage trollies are available, which can also be used on the escalators. www.frankfurt-airport.com
- From Stuttgart Airport If you arrive at Stuttgart Airport, there is also a train connection to Bad Mergentheim. The train ride takes about 3 hours. The best connection to choose is via Lauda. It will cost approximately 25 EUR. First you take a regional train (S-Bahn) to Stuttgart Hauptbahnhof (Main Station) which takes about 30 minutes; there you take a train to Lauda (1 hour and 45 minutes); in Lauda you catch the train to Bad Mergentheim which you will reach after a ten-minute train ride. Train tickets can be purchased at the "Welcome Information Center" at terminal 3 on level 2 (open from 8 am to 8 pm) or at the ticket machines one floor down from the arrival hall (near the S-Bahn station). www.stuttgart-airport.com
If you prefer a shuttle bus from the Frankfurt or Stuttgart airport, we can book one for you, which will bring you directly to Bad Mergentheim. Please inform us at least one week in advance, so the shuttle can be ordered. Prices: 1 person single trip 70 EUR, return trip 140 EUR; 2 persons single trip 85 EUR, return trip 160 EUR; 3 to 4 persons single trip 100 EUR, return trip 180 EUR.
If you would like to rent a car, you will find all major car rental companies at both airports. Information is available on the above websites.